Thursday, August 16, 2007

During the Wait: Learning to Speak Mandarin

I do believe learning to speak Mandarin Chinese is going to be a challenge for me, but I'm willing to give it a shot and learn a few key phrases, songs, etc. Not only is it a difficult language [by the fact that it's completely different that anything I've ever spoken or written or even heard spoken for that matter], but it consists of 4 tones...and I thought that the Southern dialect was complicated. This is a great resource for the easily-intimated, linguistically-challenged, such as me. Take a listen and have a go at it. So will I be considered trilingual if I learn Mandarin, and baby signing? Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

1 comment:

Third Mom said...

Learning your child's language (or in my case, trying to learn it) is one of THE BEST things you can do during the wait and after! Heck, my son is heading to college this week and I'm still trying - and love every minute of it.

I'm not sure how I found your blog, but I am glad I did and hope to read more.