Monday, July 07, 2008

The Five Love Languages of Children

Several years ago, when we first started the adoption process, it was recommended to me by our homestudy social worker to read, The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell. I just got around to reading it a month ago. I must say, the concept of "love languages" offers brilliant insight into the way we as humans both give and receive love. The five love languages include: touch, words of affirmation, quality time, gifts, and acts of service. We each have a primary love language to which we best respond. Discovering your child's primary love language, in addition to using all the love languages, can open up a new door to your relationship. I learned so much from this book, and I highly recommend to anyone who is a parent to add this to your "must-read" list.

1 comment:

Jen Talley said...

Oh..I love this book too. I have my three oldest pegged. Nathan, words of affirmation, Charlie, physical touch, Madilyn, quality time. Mine is acts of service and Mikes is physical touch. Mei.....we're still trying to figure out.