Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Two Gifts in One


My toddler loves music and storybooks. She sings half the day away and has her favorite books memorized. So needless to say, stories and song are a big part of our family.

I found Barefoot Books nearly 2 years ago, while searching for children's books that represent multiple cultures through illustration and story. I was immediately enamored by the whimsical, artistic, colorful illustrations of Barefoot Books and the variety of cultural themes and stories available. The first Barefoot Book that I read was Motherbridge of Love. I can say that, as an adoptive mother, I was truly impacted by the beautifully-illustrated book's message about adoption.

I invite you to my Barefoot Books Marketplace to peruse the wonderful selection of books, music and more, just in time for the holidays. To top it off, 20% of your purchase goes to support the orphanage in China caring for our future daughter! It's like two gifts in one ;)

For those of you adoptive parents of Chinese children, I highly recommend the following books related to Chinese culture:
Motherbridge of Love
Stories from the Silk Road
The Great Race
We're Riding on a Caravan

You'll also find a variety of books highlighting the many cultures throughout the world with illustrations representing children from countries such as Mexico, Africa, Japan, and many other regions of the earth. Whether your child is African, Hispanic, Chinese, Korean, or American, it is important that his/her library of literature and music, represents a global perspective, one that includes multiple ethnicities, and celebrates the many wonderful differences and cultures that makes us who we are, and shapes who we become.


Thanks for visiting my marketplace and feel free to share with your friends!

3 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Love it! Thanks for the tip.

Shawnstribe said...

Thanks for the book, will look it up.
We are also following a SN adoption from China, but the process here in the UK is full of obstacles.
Would love to follow your journey
xxx
s

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read the blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.