Saturday, April 14, 2007

Project Cooking : Chinese Cuisine During the Wait

Another goal that I'm working toward during the wait is learning to be a bit more advanced in the kitchen. The first thing that I did to get myself motivated, was to host a Pamper Chef from which I earned some wonderful kitchen tools including measuring cups, measuring spoons, stoneware, a chopper, and a pinch of enthusiasm for a new found skill. Secondly, I created a recipe rotation using www.cookinglight.com.

I'm trying my hand at Asian-inspired cuisine. I happened upon a great Asian-influenced Cooking Light recipe for nutty pasta toss with shrimp. Enjoy!

1 TBSP minced fresh cilantro
1 TBSP grated peeled fresh ginger
3 TBSP low-sodium soy sauce
2 TBSP crunchy peanut butter
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
8oz. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup vertically sliced onion
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into (1/4 - inch) strips
1 cup bagged prewashed spinach
2 cups hot cooked rigatoni (about 1 1/4 cups uncooked pasta)

Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, and saute for 3 minutes or until done. Remove shrimp from pan. Add onion and bell pepper to pan; saute 3 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture, shrimp, and spinach. Reduce heat to medium; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Serve shrimp mixture over pasta.

No comments: