Being the hypochondriac, umm, er, let me say... health nut that I am, I thought I'd share with you some tips for staying healthy that I plan to use while traveling to China.
- My latest love is Smart Water made by Glaceau. It's vapor distilled water with added electrolytes. I'm convinced that this is not only God's gift to athletes, but also to weary travelers who are dehydrated due to a 16+ hour flight. Smart water has no sugary goop like other thirst aids. I plan to drink a boat-load of Smart Water a few days before travel to ensure proper hydration before that dreadfully-long flight.
- Speaking of electrolytes... I'm planning to have a good supply of Emergen-C to take daily once in China. It too supplies essential minerals as well as other vitamins to boost the ole immune system.
- And speaking of boosting the immune system... I'm going to try Airborne (similar to Emergen-C) a few days prior to departure and while in flight to ward off those nasty germs that get recirculated on board.
- And speaking of those nasty germs recirculated...I heard that if you smear a little Neosporin under your nose (above your lip) it helps to filter germs from the air that you breath while on a plane. It's sure worth a try.
- And what about the "stomach yucks" one can get from eating and drinking in another country? I've been told to take a Pepto tablet in the morning and one at night and, supposedly, it moves any "yucks" right on out of your system before they have a chance to take up room and board in your gut.
- Speaking of my gut...I'm taking Listerine to kill any foreign bacteria that may decide to move to my gut. I've heard that it also helps in preventing the "stomach yucks" while traveling.
Feel free to share any tips that you have too!