Sunday, March 30, 2008

Barefoot Books

Barefoot Books has popped up on my radar several times over the past year. I really like their philosophy...

"This is what we care about: first, we're convinced that it's never too early to introduce children to other cultures. We believe too that children can appreciate high-quality art, and enjoy the music as well as the meaning of language from a very early age. They deserve the very best, and they are dependent on their elders to help them make connections — between themselves and others, between nature and culture, between learning and living."

...And, of course, their books. They offer several books that include Chinese culture, and I recently discovered the adoption-themed Motherbridge of Love, featured in Time Magazine's top 10 children's books of 2007...And I can see why. It's beautiful! You can view a reading of the book here.
P.S. grab a tissue.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I second this recommendation! This book is excellent, and the art work is just beautiful! It is an absolute must-have for adoptive families, in my opinion!

Jenna