Saturday, October 16, 2010

Another stressful morning....

I don't know if my last post included pictures and the last paragraph
...I can't see blogger posts from China so I'm not sure. But anyway,
on Saturday Levi had to get 4 vaccinations and will get 3 more. I'm
not at all happy with this, but there is nothing I can do. Today he
has a high fever of 103 and so I know it's his immunities response to
all the shots. Please pray that he will feel better soon. It has come
down in the last 2 hours, so that's good news. He has to get 3 more
shots tomorrow, so I'm just praying he has no fever by then.

This morning, Sandy, Levi and I went shopping, while jay and E went
swimming. We returned to find out that E tried to climb a vine at the
swimming pool and fell hitting her head. By the way, I do not advise
bringing a hyperactive child to China. She now has a bump and luckily
has shown no signs of a concussion, but because she has had one before
we have to be extra cautious. Please pray for her as well. When your
child needs medical attention in a foreign country it is stressful!
When I took Levi to the doc here for fever, they said they wanted to
give him a shot. I said, "no way" so they gave him a cooling pack for
his head and told me to give him hot water to sweat off the fever.
Very different practices here.

Hoping for a less eventful rest of the day...

--
Good Wishes,

Courtney
www.onehundredgoodwishes.com ~ where community supports adoptive families
Join us on Facebook!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

OMG! Hot water and an ice pack! Hope you were able to find some childrens motrin or tylenol. Poor E, I'll be sending up prayers for you all ;)

sally21c said...

The factors you need to be aware of zigtech, the two most important is the durability and Comfort of the zigtech reebok. Paying for high price for reebok from a reputable brand is not a bad idea As They must have used better quality reebok shoes that will withstand The Elements is zigtech shoes. A well manufactured jacket Will show at Signs of Reebok Easytoneeasytone and easytone shoes should be easy to use.