Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oct. 25 Levi's 2nd Birthday


Monday, Levi turned 2-years-old. Birthdays can be bittersweet for adoptees. It's a celebration of their birth of course, but can also be a reminder of their losses. As with China, most children are abandoned on or near the date of their birth, for various reasons, but usually due to special needs or the one-child policy. Most police reports detail the finding spot of the child, the date, and the name of the person who found them, but most adoptees never know this person, let alone ever have a way to contact them to fill in the gap of the day they were found.

I received an email the day before Levi's birthday, from the couple that visits his orphanage annually to do mission work. They said that they had an interesting story to share. They have a recently adopted granddaughter from Levi's orphanage who is a teenager. Two of her teen friends from that orphanage have also been recently adopted by American families. One of her teen friends, Lucy, saw Levi's picture on our blog. She said to her adoptive mother in broken English, "I founded him." Her mother replied, "You mean you are fond of him?" She said, "No, I found him...in the grass." According to Lucy, she took Levi back to the SWI because she was happy to miss English class, which was her first subject and not her favorite.

The police report says that Levi was found by a school child near the gate of the orphanage. That school child was apparently Lucy, who is now living one state away. She remembered finding him! Remarkable, to say the least.

I really can't express how miraculous this is for my son, to have a link to that fated day that changed his life forever. It is amazing to me that God has brought these people into our lives who have a connection to our son's orphanage and to his past. I hope that for each birthday that he celebrates, his losses will be overshadowed by the incredible, fateful day that he was "founded".

14 comments:

Tracey said...

Okay that made me cry! What a wonderful bit of his past to find out.

Rebecca said...

What an awesome story! God is so good! I read this to my husband, and we are both crying!

Erika said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes, this is a real blessing to know. The Manea Family

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed as is he!
Leila

The Listers said...

Oh my goodness, how amazing! Happy Birthday, Levi! It is just incredible to see God's hand in the details of this sweet boy's life!

Debbie said...

How wonderful! Your son brings a smile to my face every time I see him. He is definitely special...

Traci said...

Nicely told, Courtney.

Anonymous said...

Courtney,
OK Courtney. We just read the blog and like the others, we too cried.
By the way, Betty is doing great. She went to NYC over Thanksgiving with her cousins from Connecticut.

Bob and Pat Hawley

Fisher Family said...

This is so amazing!

Carol said...

Wow I hope someday they can have a reunion
http://adoptionpi.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

He is running a pretty high temperature pretty much constantly. He has a horrible cough and terrible body aches. I've asked him several time if he wanted to go to the doctor. Each time he would say he was fine. I finally convinced him to go to Urgent Care this morning. I'm so glad I did. The Dr. said he had an infection in his ear/throat and eye. She said he was a day or two away from full blown pneumonia. She gave him some heavy duty antibiotics and told him to stay hydrated. He is going to stay home from work again tomorrow and hopefully 24 hours after antibiotics he will finally be feeling better!

Anonymous said...

My Grandpa Jerry passed away this morning. It was not sudden or unexpected. He went into the hospital two weeks ago for an infection and things went from bad to worse. A few days ago they moved him to the hospice floor of the hospital and said he could pass any day. When my phone rang early this morning I knew that is what my Dad was calling to tell me.

I am grateful for my Grandpa. He is a very generous man. He has helped me many times. He helped me move to New York and most recently he loaned Quinn and I the money we needed to close on our house. He has done much for me in my life. He has taken our entire family on some truly amazing vacations and provided us with life long memories.

Just a few weeks ago, they had an 80th birthday bash for him. My sister Mallory talks about it here. I'm glad they all got to have one last party before his passing.

We love you and miss you Grandpa!

chuyenhathanhhung said...

Taxitaithanhhung.vn - công ty cung cấp giải pháp chuyển nhà trọn gói tại Hà Nội. Với mong muốn mang đến cho quý khách hàng dịch vụ vận chuyển nhà tại Hà Nội tốt nhất. Đội ngũ nhân viên chuyển nhà trọn gói Thành Hưng chuyên nghiệp, hệ thống xe tải với số lượng lớn, chúng tôi tự tin cam kết mang đến cho quý khách hàng 1 dịch vụ tốt nhất!

Từ khóa chuyển nhà Hà Nội - công ty cung cấp dịch vụ chuyển nhà Thành Hưng:

#chuyennhahanoi #chuyennhataihanoi #dichvuchuyennhahanoi #dichvuchuyennhataihanoi #dichvuchuyennhathanhhung #chuyennhatrongoithanhhung #chuyennhatrongoihanoi #chuyennhatrongoitaihanoi #donnhathanhhung #donnhatrongoihanoi #chuyennhagiarehanoi #dichvuchuyennhagiarehanoi

https://tapas.io/hongnhi5315

https://www.twipu.com/chuyennhahanoi2

https://mix.com/chuyennhathanhhung

https://kinja.com/chuyennhathanhungvn

https://www.deviantart.com/chuyennhathanhhung